Re: 1.7.10/1.7.11: .Net programs started from a cygwin console may fail.

On Feb 27 16:23, Andres Martinelli wrote:
> Hi Cygwin,
>
> Many .Net programs that use to run correctly from a cygwin 1.7.9
> console started throwing exceptions after updating to versions
> 1.7.10/1.7.11. I have noticed this problem on machines running
> Windows XP and Vista (32bits).
>
> I attach a very small example that triggers the bug. The example is
> written in C#, and requires the .Net framework versions 2.0 or 3.5.
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> 1) Compile the example with
>         csc bug.cs
>
>     The c# compiler (csc), can be usually found in
>         C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe
>     or C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\csc.exe
>
> 2) Run the resulting bug.exe from a cygwin 1.7.10/1.7.11 console. It
> throws an exception.
>
> 3) Run bug.exe from a native windows console (or a cygwin 1.7.9
> console). It runs without producing any output, and without throwing
> any exceptions.
>
> Be aware that the bug is not triggered if the example is compiled
> with the .Net framework 4.0.

The problem is that I have not the faintest insight into .Net.  This is
an application written in a language I don't know, using a class library
I don't know, using a compiler I don't know.  And the executable isn't
even a Cygwin application so it doesn't call Cygwin functions.  So I
have no idea what problem this application has.  What on earth is it
trying to tell me?

  Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key
  in dictionary: 'tmp'  Key being added: 'tmp'
     at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
     at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
     at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key, String value)
     [etc.]

Corinna

Red Hat