Re: more "address space needed ... is already occupied" problems (with snapshot of 2012-02-20)

> On Feb 24 02:07, Tassilo Philipp wrote:
>> > On my system:
>> >
>> > $ rebase -si |grep etc.so
>> > /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-cygwin/etc.so       base 0x5a1d0000 size
>> 0x00009000
>>
>> I believe you that that is usually the case, however, on my machine,
>> this command doesn't return anything, even with a completely fresh
>> cygwin install, including the ruby package.
>
> What do you mean with "doesn't return anything"?  Do you mean it doesn't
> return anything when piped into grep, or do you mean the output of
> rebase -si is empty?

As pointed out in my other post, etc.so is not in the list of the output
of rebase -si, so grepping for it doesn't return anything.

> In theory neither of this should happen, *iff* you
> used the latest rebase 4.0 for rebasing.

I do.

> Do you have a file
> /etc/rebase.db.i386 on your system?

Yes.

> If not, you should definitely
> update to the latest rebase package and rebase again.  As for etc.so,
> since it's in the list of installed files from the ruby package, it
> should be rebased by default and therefore it should be found in the
> /etc/rebase.db.i386 database by the rebase -si command.  This sounds
> weird.

Well, it isn't on my machine. I don't know why. Maybe I screwed something
up - it just surprises me that I have the same problems with a fresh
(complete) cygwin install with ruby 1.8.7 from the cygwin packages.
Michael's script works like a charm for me, including custom installs of
ruby 1.9, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the help!