Re: more "address space needed ... is already occupied" problems (with snapshot of 2012-02-20)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Tassilo Philipp  wrote:
> Hello ml,
>
> I recently ran into many problems using rake to build a few of my projects, whenever rake calls itself recursively (for subprojects, etc. as in a typical make-style build tool setup). It's very random - sometimes I get a single error, sometimes nothing, but most of the time it sits there and prints the following until I kill the build:
>
> ? ? 17 [main] ruby 1028 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'etc.so' (0x360000) is already occupied
> ? ? ?1 [main] ruby 2076 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'etc.so' (0x360000) is already occupied
> ? ? ?1 [main] ruby 2128 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'etc.so' (0x360000) is already occupied
> ? ? ....
>
> I checked the mailing list and found all kind of infos about similar problem, but none of the solutions worked for me. What I - unsuccessfully - tried so far:
>
> - using the snapshot of feb 9, 2012 (which contains a fix by Corinna, that apparently solved a very similar problem pointed out a few days ago)
> - using latest snapshot of feb 20, 2012
> - using cygwin 1.7.10 and 1.7.9
> - playing around with rebaseall and peflagsall, with and without rebooting the machine
> - using ruby 1.8.7 as it is available via setup.exe
> - using self-built version of llatest release of ruby 1.9.3
> - wiping cygwin off my machine and reinstalling a mint version
> - many different combinations of the above
>
> So well, I guess 'm stuck. Any ideas?

rebaseall ?
That is the standard solution for fork problem.
http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures

It is likely needed any time you install a different cygwin version
including snapshots
or upgrade any other packages.

Regards
Marco