Re: shared_info::init_obcaseinsensitive implemented incorrectly

Please, don't http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

On Feb 21 11:34, Nick Lowe wrote:
> I really should subscribe to get individual messages and not just the
> digest so that I can reply properly. Sorry!
>
> > Just call NtOpenDirectoryObject on \\SYSTEMROOT, rather than NtOpenSymbolicLinkObject.
>
> I would have thought that NtOpenSymbolicLinkObject would have been the
> more correct approach as the object expected is a symbolic link. No?

Depends on what you define as correct.  Since you only call the function
to find out the state of case sensitivity and don't need the handle,
why not use a function which you know fails in a specific way?

> >That's not an off-chance.  It works for all admin accounts.
>
> Hmm, strange. Unless the query (0x1) symbolic link specific access
> right is specified, I always get STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED. With it
> specified, it succeeds as an administrator or fails otherwise.

I missed that.  You're right, with a 0 access mask it fails with
STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.  Well, it works one way or the other, right? :)

Corinna

Red Hat