Re: need help with perl script and rsync

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM, wrote:
> We use ActiveState perl in a backup processes at my work. A programmer
> created a perl script to create an incremental backup using rsync. The
> script does not do the incremental backup, just a full backup. It worked in
> winxp, but now that we are using it on win7 its not incrementing.
>
> I cannot get in contact with the programmer. Is there someone here that can
> look at the script and find out what the issue is?

You can send it to the list or to me.

rsync is cygwin, activestate perl is not, so you have to use path
conversions, which are unnatural to both.
Easiest would be to use cygwin perl and get accustomed to POSIX paths
and permissions.

PS: rsync does incremental backups natively. I don't see the apparent
need for a perl driver. But even PAUSE uses a perl driver to rsync for
performance reasons with huge mirroring costs.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/ ? http://www.perl-compiler.org/