Re: perl fork error: child_info_fork::abort: data segment start: - example code!

On Feb  8 14:55, Heiko Elger wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
> > > So why I will get this error - only cause of symantec?
> >
> > Perhaps.  Probably.  I'm not sure.  However, the above addresses
> > 0xC1A000 and 0xA6A000 are *very* unlikely DLL load addresses in a
> > Windows system.  Usually DLLs are loaded at addresses beyond
> > 0x10000000, preferredly to the address stored in the DLL header.
> > As I said , I don't no if SEP is really the culprit here, but at
> > least the address are weird.  And...
>
> Is this perhaps same problem or a side effect as discussed in in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/131027/focus=131095?

There is a ML archive at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/ too.  I'd prefer
to use that since it's the ultimate source ;)

But, no, to the best of my knowledge that's not the same problem.  What
you see is apparently a BLODA problem.

> > The code checks if the data and bss segments of a given DLL, which was
> > already loaded by the parent process, is in the same spot in the child
> > process.  If not, the DLL has been loaded into another address in the
> > child, which will likely result in a nonfunctional forked process.
>
> Can you tell me where this checking is done.

dll_init.cc, method dll_list::alloc.

Corinna

Red Hat