Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 and sshd

On Feb  5 11:49, Harry G McGavran Jr wrote:
> It rather looks like sshd puts tty as a value in the CYGWIN
> environment variable. Anyway -- It's tiring to see
> the warning about having tty as a value in the
> CYGWIN environment variable when I ssh to a cygwin host
> running 1.7.10-1.  Windows accounts I'm ssh'ing to
> do not set the CYGWIN environment variable, I'm only
> seeing this on those accounts when ssh'd to from
> elsewhere ....

I don't understand this description.  What accounts on what machine
from where?!?

The CYGWIN=tty setting is neither set by sshd itself, nor is it set by
the ssh-host-config script by default.  "Somebody" must have created
this manually.  It's probably a setting in the sshd server entry.  Look
for the service registry entry

  HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/sshd/Parameters/Environment

If it's not set there, it could be set in ~/.ssh/environment, or in
~/.ssh/rc, or in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file.  Alternatively it's a
setting done in the user's profile on the target machine.  Or in the
global Windows environment.

Corinna

Red Hat