Re: ssh pubkey exchange failing at send_pubkey_test

On 1/23/2012 5:41 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 1/23/2012 2:22 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
When I've seen this before on this list, it's because you are in a domain
and your user is a domain user. If that's the case, you want to create a
domain account to run your sshd server or use a local user to ssh in with.
If this doesn't describe your situation, I'd recommend adding debug flags
to your sshd server so that you can see a full log of things on that side
of the fence. Typically this is very illuminating for server-side issues.
I'm on XP. I log into a domain. sshd is running as Local System account. I
can log in if I specify my password. It's just pre-shared key that isn't
working and I believe this to be a permissions problem (see other postings
about permissions problems).

If you're logging in with a domain account but using the Local System account to run sshd, then you may be running into the issue that the Local System account cannot change the user context to the domain user. Try with a local user to see if that helps.

--
Larry