Re: Madness with the 'select' function, sigalrm, and stdout. (CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64)

On 1/17/2012 6:24 PM, Robert F wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin<reply-to-list-only-lh<at> cygwin.com> writes:

Your advice did solve the problem, thanks! I wonder which specific entry in the changelog did it...

Great! I thought you might at least see some different behavior. There has been a fair bit of work done in this area for the upcoming release, which will be "soon".

The unwillignness to show any text until it finds a newline seems it could be a
cygwin issue.  Taking the following code:

#ifndef __CYGWIN__
#define SLEEP _sleep(2000)
#else
#define SLEEP sleep(2)
#endif
#include<stdio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
int main() {
  int i;
  while(1) {
   for(i = 0; i<  5; i++) {
    printf("%c", 'a'+i);
    SLEEP;
   }
   SLEEP;
   printf("\n");
  }
}

When built in visual C++, it will show 'a', 'b', 'c' etc every 2 seconds.  When
built in cygwin with gcc, it will show 'abcde' every 10 seconds.  The latter
happens whether I run it from a bash console or windows console.

I'll start a new thread for this if noone off-handedly has the answer...

So you're saying the snapshot exhibits the above behavior?

-- Larry