Re: Opening new cygwin window with arguments

On 1/11/2012 7:37 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:

mintty -e tail -f foo&

The -e is optional, but I like keeping my mintty commands consistent
with those I write for other terminals.

HTH,
Gary

I am using cygwin 1.7.9-1 per cygcheck.

I tried using mintty and it looks better than the default window the launching cygwin puts up. But I noticed that if I "vim" a file, nothing happens. When I control-C out, I can see that actually something did happen as there is a ".whatever.swp" file created. For the heck of it, I tried under an x shell (?hope I have my terminology right?) via "startxwin &" and had the same vim experience (no file opening but a swp file left).

Is this one of these situations where I need to find a gvim and use that? I see under setup that there is a gvim 7.3.353.1 available, but wanted to make sure this was the advised solution before adding it.

Thanks in advance,
Paul