Re: Stackdump at every second startup

On 1/3/2012 7:11 AM, Børge Strand-Bergesen wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been experienceing some error messages lately, so I did a fresh
resinstall of Cygwin on my Win7-64 machine. All settings left as
defaults. I tried alternating Run as Administrator during both setup
and when starting Cygwin. That didn't seem to change much.

The strange thing is that I get these errors every second time I start Cygwin.

I hope there is a fix to this so that the standard installation again
works out of the box.

Thanks,
Borge

-bash: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

In my experience this generally indicates a need to run rebaseall. It is caused by Windows 7's placement of dlls in the virtual address space; rebaseall gives each cygwin dll a fixed place and insists harder on it.

Regards -- EM