Re: Distributed Git not compiled under Cygwin?

Jeremy Bopp-3 wrote:

> I don't see any way around this except to either build your own Git that
> doesn't include the Cygwin changes or run a git config command to set
> core.filemode after cloning or initializing a repository.  Sorry if I
> got your hopes up.  Hopefully, the Cygwin changes aren't really a
> problem for you.

Thanks a ton, actually. I appreciate the amount of time you spent looking
into this. The link you provided answers my question exactly as to why they
did it this way, as files created within the Cygwin environment adhere to
the expected permissions. I realize now that my problem is more the
exception than the rule, as I use the Windows gVim due to the better
integration, which creates files with incorrect permissions. It seems that
the best solution would be stick to compiling it myself or perhaps
investigate to see if I can tweak gVim so that it will save files with the
correct permissions.