Re: FAQ 4.2 Why is Cygwin suddenly so slow?

On 12/21/2011 1:43 PM, efa@iol.it wrote:
My Cygwin installation use about 1 s per shell command.
For example:
$ time env
HOMEPATH=\Docume
COMPUTERNAME=MES
real    0m1.075s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.015s

$ time time
Usage: time [-apvV] [-f format] [-o file] [--append] [--verbose]
        [--portability] [--format=format] [--output=file] [--version]
        [--help] command [arg...]
real    0m1.033s
user    0m0.030s
sys     0m0.030s

It is evident to me, that the command is immediately executed at the right
speed, then a second is spent before return back to the shell prompt.
Happen with those shell:
- bash
- xterm
- mintty

Script execution is very slow.

I tried some of the suggested solutions found googling:
- deinstalled bash completion
- set the path to /bin only
- stopping all unnecessary Windows services
no difference.

I also tried to completely remove Cygwin and reinstall 1.7.9. Same results.

Other suggestions? What other check I must do?

antivirus ? http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

thank you in advance,
Valerio

Regards Marco