Re: Issues with TCP Window Scaling Factor and Cygwin Daemons

On 12/14/2011 12:25 PM, Jon Clugston wrote:

> Did you do all these tests w/ the same Windows machine?  I believe
> that Windows XP always sets the WSF to zero, but newer versions
> support scaling.

Not sure if scaling works on XP, but the TcpWindowSize is not zero (by
default).

For XP the reference is this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314053

Which doesn't mention the key to control scaling: Tcp1323Opts; so I
guess it doesn't work.

For TcpWindowSize the recommendation to get better performance is to set
it yourself much bigger than the default (which usually is 8760).

Still this doesn't explain why David is seeing a value of zero.  Perhaps
the specific computer has it configured that way.
--
René Berber