Re: Latest cygwin.bat - need one

On 2011-12-12, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 03:23 PM, Mike Brown wrote:
> > In my case that is a no go.  That is because, as mentioned, I told the
> > installer not to create the desktop shortcut or the start menu option, as I
> > already had them.  So, the start menu currently points to the BAT file.
>
> Hmm, it seems that my messages aren't getting through since I mentioned
> how to create such a shortcut just a little while ago, but I'll try one
> more time...
>
> Create a shortcut that starts in the bin directory of your Cygwin
> installation.  Have it run:
>
> mintty -
>
> That's it as far as I remember.  Of course, the easy way is to just run
> setup.exe again and let it create the shortcut for you.  Then you know
> you have the right settings.

I just ran the new setup.exe a few weeks ago and haven't changed the
new Cygwin Terminal shortcut's properties.  These are the most
important ones.

    General
        [Name:] Cygwin Terminal
    Shortcut
        Target: C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
        Start in: [empty]
        Shortcut key: None
        Run: Normal window
        [Icon:] C:\cygwin\Cygwin-Termina.ico