Re: RFE: mintty + trackpoint?

On 11/12/2011 6:08 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
On 10 December 2011 15:15, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Hi all (esp. Andy),

A recent email on the cygwin/x mailing list pointed out that Lenovo
trackpoint scrolling had stopped working in xterm [1]. I didn't know it was
there in the first place, but I can just imagine how useful it would be. Any
chance of mintty picking up that functionality? Combining mintty's existing
handling of mouse scrolling with the trackpoint would be really slick, but I
don't know how hard it would be. It's also unclear whether the X11 faq entry
about trackpoint is out of date [2], since I've never followed those
directions and yet xterm scrolls fine for me.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2011-12/msg00022.html
[2] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-trackpoint
I'm afraid I don't know what special support if any might be needed
here, and I haven't got the hardware to try it. Both scroll messages
and mousewheel messages should work already, so unless there's a
special message type for trackpoints, this sounds primarily like a
driver configuration issue.
Looks like you're right. The following magic incantation works for me (T410s, Win7/x64), thanks to [3].

Add the following near the top of both TP4Scrol.dat and TP4Table.dat (in C:\Program Files\Synaptic\SynTP on my machine), then kill all UltraNav-related processes and restart them; you also have to restart any mintty you want to see the new behavior.
; mintty
*,*,mintty.exe,*,*,*,WheelStd,0,9

[3] http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Trackpoint-Auto-select-scrolling-not-compatible-with-Firefox-3/td-p/94075