Illegal character ^M

I have a problem with a character. I think it's a conversion problem between
dos and unix.

I have a variable that is a float value.
When I print it with the echo command i get:
0.495959
But when I try to make an operation on that value with the bc command (I am
not sure how to write the bc command).
echo $mean *1000 |bc

 I get:
(standard_in) 1 : illegal character: ^M

I already use the dos2unix command on my .sh file.
I think it's because my variable have the ^M character (not printed with the
echo command)

How can i eliminate this error?

I already try a lot of things but I am really lost.

Any thought?