Re: filename with HASH

On Nov 17 09:56, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 17/11/2011 00:29, pen wrote:
> > Few more tests: seems lynx dont like #
> >
> > $ mv "test bay#, wwid" "test # abc"
> > $ lynx -dump "test # abc"
> >
> > Can't Access `file://localhost/cygdrive/e/test%20#%20abc'
> > Alert!: Unable to access document.
> >
> > lynx: Can't access startfile
> >
> > $ mv  "test # abc" "test# a"
> > $ lynx -dump "test# a"
> >
> > Looking up test
> > Making HTTP connection to test
> > Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.  <<
> >
> > lynx: Can't access startfile http://test/#%20a
>
>   A "#" marks a separator in a URL between the URI part and the anchor within
> the page to load up the display at.  I think lynx is applying the same syntax
> to local file URLs; for example, if you have a local file "index.html", you
> can append any arbitrary # anchor to it:

Apart from that, all non-graphical characters in an URL are converted to
the %xx syntax.  Therefore, the URL "test # abc" is converted to
"file://[$PWD]/test%20#%20abc" *before* trying to find the file.  So
lynx tries to access the file "test%20#%20abc" in the current directory,
which obviously doesn't exist.

Corinna

Red Hat