help for diagnose unpedictable "fork errors", "cygheap base msimatch errors"

Hello,

we've still cygwin system errors.
I use snapshot 20111030 and all other colleagues snapshot 20110829.
We've done rebaseall and peflagsall.
We have win7/64 (CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64).

All errors are unpredictable - so there is really no possible testcase.
I noticed the following problems:

1. runing perl:
child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'IO.dll' (009D0000) is already
occupied

2. running perl
0 [main] perl 22992 C:\programme\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error - cy
gheap base mismatch detected - 0x612527E0/0xF927E0.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.

--> there is definitely no other currrent cygwin1.dll

3. running sh.exe from within make
0 [main] sh 5564 child_info_fork::abort data segment start: parent(0x682000) !
= child(0x32000) m.sh fork: retry: Resource temorarily unavailable

4. running make
0 [main] make-3.80 22116 child_info::sync: wait failed, pid 21196, Win32 error
1892

How can I gather more informations about the problems with other cygwin tools.
I'm definitely no cygwin professional.
I already tried strace - I have an strace log of problem 1.) - if this would
be helpful, I can post it.

OK - I already checked the BLODA -  and yes one is running on our system -
Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.x.

We deinstalled it on 3 PCs - perhaps we will see no more error there.

But cause of unpedictable errors and no testcase it's not a solution to
deinstall it on all machines.

Is there a testcase for detecting Symantec as the real problem - we are in
contact with Symantec too.
Does anyone know the problem of using Symantec Endpoint Protection a little
bit in details.
Is it possible that the unloading of DLL code is delayed?

I noticed in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/129594 that there is an
existing error - so I will give the the next snapshot a try.

@cfg:
Can this http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/129594 the reason for our
problems too?

Any hints are welcome.