Re: Copying HDD to another HDD

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 11:44:06PM +0800, KHMan wrote:
> Some random notes. fsarchiver also allows for flexibility on size. But I
> have mostly used partimage from systemrescuecd in practice for the bootable
> partition, for: (a) moving from IDE to SATA, (b) moving from SATA to a
> larger SATA, and (c) restoring older partition image due to flakey 780G
> support in new ATI drivers.

Bingo, fsarchiver did the trick.  It took a while, but a perfect copy was
made and deposited on the IDE drive and windblows was able to finish doing
its update thing.

All of my settings were left intact and, except for the video driver,
everything came back for the hardware I have installed.

I love Linux tools like this.  Even though the ntfs-3g program is still
supposed to be shaky, it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It saved my ass.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign