Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: version 5.45 of expect/tcl

On 10/25/2011 6:18 PM, Craig Miller wrote:
Hi Marco,

I am sure someone else could update the expect package, but I have
been following cygwin for a year now (support expect-lite on cygwin)
and saw no updates. There is functionality in the newer expect that
expect-lite takes advantage of, and it would be nice to have a newer
version in the distro.

I have included in the package the tcl lib for 8.5. It will get
installed when this package is installed.

I hope that helps,

Craig...

Craig, it is clear that you are not yet familiar with the cygwin mailing list and the way of working of the cygwin maintainer community.

1st) on these mailing lists we do not top-post

2nd) if you need a package to be updated, the right way is to ask
     politely the maintainer to update it, sending an e-mail to this
     mailing list.

3rd) if you want to offer yourself as mantainer "of expect-lite"
     package for cygwin, than you start reading the documentation at
     http://cygwin.com/setup.html

     We expect a package to follow certain rules and be provided
     also as source non only as binary.

As all the package mantainer are volounteers, we appreciate the job
of everyone and we do not step over the other responsabilities.

For your info, here is the list of packages and maintainers:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

As you can see, Christopher is taking care of a lot of packages,
but if you ask politely you have chance to see "expect" updated.

Best Regards
Marco