Re: ssh-agent fails to create socket

On Oct 14 13:02, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
> After the latest upgrade (yesterday) I found that ssh-agent no longer works. It
> looks like if fails to create a socket. Here is an illustration:
>
> gustav@Crawley 503 $ ssh-agent bash -l
> gustav@Crawley 501 $ ls -r /tmp
> ssh-zHtmAVFZ1412
> gustav@Crawley 502 $ !!
> ls -r /tmp
> gustav@Crawley 503 $ env | grep SSH
> SSH_AGENT_PID=3624
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-zHtmAVFZ1412/agent.1412
> gustav@Crawley 504 $
>
> So: it has created the directory in /tmp, but then something goes wrong,
> probably it can't make the socket, so it cleans up and removes the directory. My

I can reproduce this issue.  It's not that it can't create the socket,
actually it does so, but for some reason it calls select and, when select
returns, it decides to clean up and exit.  It's tricky to debug because
ssh-agent has no debug mode and for some reason it doesn't occur under
strace.

For the time being, the workaround is:

  $ eval `ssh-agent -s`

Corinna