Re: displaying Chinese radicals

Thanks for the response.  I know this is a font issue, so let me paste what I
get on the Mac terminal:

1 ä yÄ
2 ä gÇn
3 ä zhÇ
4 ä piÄ
5 ä juà â â â

These are the first 5 radicals (I have generated all 214 of them) and their
variants (to the right, they all have their unicode codepoints and utf8
mappings).  So for radical #5, 3 alternates do show up.  I couldn't get them
to show up on Windows console no matter how hard I try, so I turned to
cygwin.  Cygwin actually manages to display the 3rd of the alternates, which
means I'm moving in the right direction, but the first two show up as
squares.  The ones right next to the numbering show up fine in cygwin.

(In Windows console, if I switch to an Asian locale, most of the characters
show up, but not the radicals.  I cannot count on an Asian locale in any
case.)

There is a so-called "last resort" font used in Mac (supposedly in Windows
as well) so I suppose that's how Mac deals with them.

If so, how do I make sure cygwin uses the "last resort font", i.e. where do
I put/install that font?

Thank you in advance!