Re: cygwin started speaking German today

On Oct  5 13:31, Charles Wilson wrote:
> The other is the issue that spawned this thread, which raised questions
> about how basefiles::/etc/profile.d/lang.{sh,csh} should behave, and
> other related complexities.  IIRC we reached an impasse with this
> subthread (and replies):
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-09/msg00063.html
>
> See also the various messages in this thread, during the last day or two.

I don't see an impasse here.  It's pretty clear that the system libintl
is talking to is Cygwin in the first place, and since Cygwin has another
language and *especially* charset setting, that should be honored by
libintl.  Everything else is just about the usage of locale -s/-u in
the profiles and that's entirely within the realms of Cygwin as well.
I don't think Bruno really has a different point of view here.

Corinna

Red Hat