Re: rebaseall and cygstdc++-6.dll

On 10/09/2011 02:57, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a heads up around an issue I encountered with rtorrent after
> executing rebaseall. I ran in to some forking issues so I executed
> rebaseall after which rtorrent started to crash constantly during
> various operations.  Through trial and error I narrowed it down to
> cygstdc++-6.dll being rebased.  As a result I updated rebaseall to
> exclude cygstdc++ (at line 110) by adding "-e '/cygstdc++-6.dll$/d'".
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is with rebasing cygstdc++-6.dll, but I
> figured I should share my findings in case someone else runs in to a
> similar issue.

  I finally nailed this one down.  Stray base relocs against references to
symbols in discarded COMDAT sections remaining in the .eh_frame data cause the
stack unwind lookup to get lost.  Sourceware CVS is down right now but I'll be
sending the attached to binutils when it's working again, and I've started
building a 4.5.3-3 release.

    cheers,
      DaveK