Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Cygwin too slow while installing and working

On 9/13/2011 6:53 AM, João Moreira wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Marco atzeri wrote:
On 9/13/2011 12:00 PM, Damon Register wrote:

On 9/13/2011 5:15 AM, Marco atzeri wrote:

On 9/13/2011 10:26 AM, João Moreira wrote:

Tried installing to a directory with no whitespaces (C:\) but got the same results.

try a path without space C:\Program Files (x86)\Cygwin

like
c:\cygwin

Did I miss something here? I thought João's post just said he did without space. Did I misunderstand?

Damon Register

the cygcheck.out says differently:

Found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cygwin\bin\awk
  ->  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cygwin\bin\gawk.exe

so or it is not the last one or something is wrong

Marco

Hello everyone, I should have been clearer: The cygcheck.out I provided is the one from the first instalation. Right now I have cygwin installed at C:\cygwin, and giving the same results (very slow). In attach I send the newest cygcheck.out. Please note that this time I did not install everything (I skiped some editors and other non-essential stuff). I did however removed Avira and ran rebaseall again.

The root causes requiring rebasing as a fix shouldn't result in slow performance. Nothing obvious from your cygcheck output. It really does sound like some kind of BLODA to me. Perhaps look around for other things that are interfering. Procmon might help you pin this offending software down.

Larry