Re: install on win7 enterprise, can't modify bash start up shortcut

I've had no issue with re-sizing the bash window in the past and having those changes saved to the shortcut, even on win7 ent, so I am concerned about the health of the install. The desktop icon points to Cygwin.bat, but that doesn't have anything in it about the bash shell. Can someone point me to the ini file where the specs of the bash window would be recorded? I can check that file on another machine and see if it exists on the suspect install and see if I can edit it. That may give a clue as to what is amiss.

I don't know anything about mintty and have always used bash. Can I run all of my bash commands, or would I be learning a new shell?

LMH