Re: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable: address space is already occupied

On 8/11/2011 10:02 AM, Heiko Elger wrote:
Christopher Faylor writes:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 05:07:15AM +0000, Heiko Elger wrote:
Ryan Johnson writes:

Let me ask again, what was being compiled when the problems arose? And
is it an intermittent error or a consistent one?

I'm sorry - I havn't seen your question.

The error is intermittent.
Sometimes I have this error and sometimes not - really not reproduceable.
If it occurs - it's always while compiling another sourcefile.

What is compiled: C-Files.
We use VxWorks GNU-MinGW Crosscompiler by (Wind River Systems).
The make is an old cygwin (1.5.x) make-3.80 and the sh is a

cygwin (1.5.x) by Wind River Systems.

that is unsupported. If you receive your cygwin from WindRiver, ask WindRiver. If the fault is from "WindRiver MinGW Gnu Compiler" also ask them.

This is certainly an unsupported configuration. Contact Wind River if you want support.

What is unsupported - using old cygwin 1.5.x binaries ? OK - using 1.5.x binaries is not supported - but it should work? Or not?

cygwin-1.5.x binaries run on cygwin-1.7.x.

cygwin-1.7.x is supported
cygwin-1.5.x is not supported anymore, see note on
http://cygwin.com/index.html

If you mean WindRiver MinGW Gnu Compiler - not supported (yes, of course) - but it' only a win32 (non cygwin program) and I was asked what's running ...

heiko

Marco