Re: sshd on win7

On 8/8/2011 12:30 PM, Alexey Luchko wrote:
Today I tried login to sshd running as windows service.  ssh client told: """
user@localhost's password:
Last login: Mon Aug  8 19:21:03 2011 from ::1
/bin/bash: Permission denied
Connection to localhost closed.
"""

However, /bin/bash exists and the user is able to run it and the privilege
separation account as well.

This doesn't really mean that /bin/bash is inaccessible. It means that bash found something else inaccessible when running. Check your resource file permissions. Look for network paths and other goodies in your rc files. Turn on debugging in these files if you need to. Make sure your home directory is set properly in '/etc/passwd' as well.

--
Larry