Re: Show GNU screen captions inside of mintty

On 3 August 2011 05:50, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 12:35:10AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 8/2/2011 11:10 PM, Eric Pruitt wrote:
>> > ÂI want, albeit not with the formatting options I'll. Could you
>> > explain how and why that works?
>>
>> Nope, I flushed that Domain Specific Language from my short term memory
>> after getting it to work as I wanted. ÂI'd just be regurgitating the
>> Fine Manual for you...GIYF.
>
> Alright, thanks anyway. I just tweaked my screenrc and learned that mintty
> will always display "caption" as the last line of the terminal while keeping
> status messages in the title bar.

This has nothing to do with mintty and everything to do with screen
and its configuration, unless you can show that mintty displays
identical output differently from xterm, in which case you'd have
found a compatibility issue.

> I didn't realize screen made a distinction between the two.

I'd be quite surprised if it did, assuming identical configuration.
Please provide instructions to show the difference, including TERM
setting at the point screen is invoked and your .screenrc if
necessary. (Keep in mind that I don't know an awful lot about Screen.)

Andy