Re: cygwin permissions problem on a network drive

On 8/2/2011 12:10 PM, spambouncer@gmx.de wrote:
On Jul 6 11:43, Bill Metzenthen wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
If I now try to use cygwin to create anything then it fails (despite
it reporting that I have rwx permissions for the directory):

For now, set the mount point for this drive to "noacl". If you're accessing the share via /cygdrive, create a distinct mount point for it.

I'm not sure that I'm doing this the right way.

No. I meant a distinct mount point, *different* from your cygdrive prefix. See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#cygdrive

This works:

   H: /h xyz binary,noacl 0 0
   none /mnt cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

Or this:

   H: /myhome xyz binary,noacl 0 0
   none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

Corinna

I'm having the same problems with my $HOME folder, which is on a network
share. I was able to create an extra mount point for the location,
unfortunately that didn't help with the original $HOME. Could you please
describe what I have to do circumvent the permission problem for $HOME?

Access you $HOME folder through the new mount point (i.e. /h or /myhome) and you should be all set.

--
Larry