Re: Portable shell code between Cygwin and Linux

Hi Larry,

"Larry Hall Cygwin" wrote:
> On 7/29/2011 9:42 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>> Here, I cd first to my config file, as I removed full paths from client.vpn
>> config file:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I'm aware of cygpath, but still don't see clearly which are the best
>> trade-off to be able to write portable shell code -- if possible. Any hint?
>
> Sounds to me like you're using a Windows version of OpenVPN. You'd need a
> version built for Cygwin to make this transparent.

Yes, I do use a Win32 binary. I first looked for openvpn in the Cygwin
packages, but did not find any.

I didn't dare yet trying to compile such a low-level application (network
interface) in Cygwin, thinking it would never succeed. But who knows...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban