Re: Strange cygpath behavior.

On 6/23/2011 2:52 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Peter Rosin!

I'm facing an unacceptable cygpath behavior related to the network shares.

Unacceptable?

Exactly.

Unacceptable seems a moral judgement, for this reason I guess Peter is perplexed.

Perhaps your quoting skills and expectations fall
into that category...

The testcase is:

[\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon]$cygpath -u \\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile
//DAEMON1/anrdaemon/.profile

I think you mean cygpath -u \\\\DAEMON1\\anrdaemon\\.profile

No, I did mean what I wrote.

What about a more clear explanation of what do you expect to obtain ? I have problem to understand your problem, while Peter answer seems more obvious (to me).

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

In general the "\" is used as escape character so unquoted
it just preserves the next character

\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile
is equivalent to
"\DAEMON1anrdaemon.profile"

Glad you quoted it, strange that you didn't read it.

-- WBR, Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 23.06.2011,<16:49>

Sorry for my terrible english...

better than my Russian

Marco