Re: setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)

On 5/26/2011 12:13 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 25/05/2011 11:54 AM, KHMan wrote:
On 5/25/2011 11:26 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
On 5/25/2011 1:17 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
On 25 May 2011 05:32, Charles Wilson wrote:
Maybe when I get home I'll test out a few...

Consolas
Andale Mono
Courier New
Lucida Console
Vera Sans Mono (or DejaVu LGC Sans)
Droid Sans Mono
Inconsolata

FYI: http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/mintty-font-test/
[snip snip]

Consolas on Windows 7 indeed is much improved.

Liberation Mono should get a mention too. It is hinted for the small font sizes, great for those who prefer old-style crisp hinted glyphs. I use it on mintty for Cygwin.

How do you get mintty to see Liberation Mono? I downloaded the
family from redhat, installed it on my w7-x64 machine, made sure
it was set to 'show,' and started a fresh mintty, but it still
can't find the font. Even unchecking 'hide fonts based on language
settings' in 'font settings' didn't help (made a lot of other
fonts appear, tho).

Sorry, I'm on XP, did it the traditional copy-and-paste-in-Explorer way. Perhaps someone else has tried it on Win7...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)