Re: Windows 7: stat /cygdrive/D/nosuchfile yields garbage

On 5/18/2011 9:57 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:
I'm using Cygwin (version 1.7.9-1 of cygwin1.dll) on Windows 7
on a Dell laptop.  Cygwin is installed in C:\cygwin.

I should mention that I have a second Cygwin installation on
the same laptop; it's in C:\apps\cygwin, and has version 1.7.5-1
of cygwin1.dll.  I understand that having more than one Cygwin
installation on a Windows box is not supported, and if that's likely
to be the cause of this problem I won't complain.  But if anyone
else has seen similar behavior with a supported configuration,
it should probably be looked into further.

I cannot reproduce this with either 1.7.9 or 1.7.5 (different machines though). In my case, I cannot stat /cygdrive/d or anything under it unless there is media in the drive.

$ stat /cygdrive/d
stat: cannot stat `/cygdrive/d': No such file or directory

--
Larry