From: marco atzeri
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:22 AM
Subject: octave updated to 3.4.0-3. Please test
To: Octave users list

dear octave user on cygwin,

after some tricking, hacking and polishing the new octave 3.4.0-3 has
been released for cygwin.
Also lapack and qrupdate have been updated to solve the
libgfortran3-4.3.4-4 issue.

This configuration should work :

$ cygcheck -c octave liblapack0 cygwin libqrupdate0 libgfortran3
Cygwin Package Information
Package ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Version ? ? ? ?Status
cygwin ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1.7.9-1 ? ? ? ?OK
libgfortran3 ? ? ? ? 4.3.4-4 ? ? ? ?OK
liblapack0 ? ? ? ? ? 3.2.2-2 ? ? ? ?OK
libqrupdate0 ? ? ? ? 1.1.1-1 ? ? ? ?OK
octave ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3.4.0-3 ? ? ? ?OK

and also this one (as I built all the package on cygwin-1.7.8-1 and
libgfortran3-4.3.4-4 )

$ cygcheck -c octave liblapack0 cygwin libqrupdate0 libgfortran3
Cygwin Package Information
Package ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Version ? ? ? ?Status
cygwin ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1.7.8-1 ? ? ? ?OK
libgfortran3 ? ? ? ? 4.3.4-4 ? ? ? ?OK
liblapack0 ? ? ? ? ? 3.2.2-2 ? ? ? ?OK
libqrupdate0 ? ? ? ? 1.1.1-1 ? ? ? ?OK
octave ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3.4.0-3 ? ? ? ?OK

the configuration before libgfortran3 update, that worked was

$ cygcheck -c octave liblapack0 cygwin libqrupdate0 libgfortran3
Cygwin Package Information
Package ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Version ? ? ? ?Status
cygwin ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1.7.8-1 ? ? ? ?OK
libgfortran3 ? ? ? ? 4.3.4-3 ? ? ? ?OK
liblapack0 ? ? ? ? ? 3.2.2-1 ? ? ? ?OK
libqrupdate0 ? ? ? ? 1.1.0-1 ? ? ? ?OK
octave ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3.4.0-2 ? ? ? ?OK

please test, including plotting and in case of failures let me know on
this mailing list or (better) in the cygwin mailing list.

Regards
Marco