Re: Doubtful about unison

Hm. Okay, what if you run `strace /usr/bin/unison-2.32 -version`?

I had forgotten about that. I used truss a lot in the past but I didn't know Cygwin had an equivalent.

> Please be careful when posting strace clips to the list - the overall
> strace can be quite huge

Yes but no danger here: it dies right away with an error popup that
says "The program entry point [I am translating from the german; I
might be a little off] "__ctype_ptr__" was not found in cygwin1.dll"

Looks like it was wrongly linked or compiled. Or maybe there's a
mismatch between what it was complied against and my own Cygwin? I
only just installed Unison but I haven't updated anything else, least
of all Cygwin base (which has gone wrong for me in the past), in many
months.

Also, from setup.exe, what version of unison2.32 are you using?
Is it 2.32.52-3?

Yes.

-- O.L.