Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.9.6-1

On 25 February 2011 17:35, Peter Brown wrote:
> I just updated my version
> yesterday, and discovered that the zoom option doesn't work as it did before. My
> situation is as follows: I use cygwin on my laptop, which is sometimes connected
> via a docking port to a hi-res monitor. The default font and size work well on
> the laptop, but as too small (for my old eyes) on the big monitor. Before
> updating, I would just use Ctrl - + that would make the font and window larger,
> but this only makes the text bigger now.

Yep, I'd changed that in 0.9.3, because the font-and-window zoom
didn't work well when the window hit the screen edges, and it was
inconsistent with how other programs such as editors or web browsers
deal with font size changes.

> Is the old behavior still available,
> using some other key combination?

No, although enhancement issue 233 asks for Ctrl+Shift+plus/minus/zero
to do this again. Meanwhile, you could follow the font size change
with Alt+F10 to restore the default number of rows and columns.

On 25 February 2011 21:06, Peter Brown wrote:
> I figured out how to do what I want using an alternative config file.

... and changing the font size on the text page of the options dialog
or manually setting FontHeight in the config file. It can also be
specified on the command line, e.g. '-o FontHeight=11'.

Andy