Re: Mg3a - a version of Mg2a developed on Cygwin

One comment in-line...

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 22:47, Bengt Larsson <lists.cygwin2@bengtl.net> wrote:
> Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
>
> Thanks for your informed criticism. But I haven't suggested it should be
> delivered with Cygwin.
>
>>make install should copy mg to /bin instead of /docs/Command,
>
> Yup
>
>>copy
>>documentation files in /usr/share/doc/mg3a and samples (dot files)
>>in /us/share/doc/mg3a/examples
>
> Yes. Thanks.
>

>>v2$ echo $LANG
>>en_US.UTF-8
>>
>>v2$ mg
>>M-x emacs-version
>>Mg 2a (formerly MicroGnuEmacs)
>
> Ah. Thanks.
>

>>s/2/3/ no ?
>>
>>v2$ mg
>>^H a RET
>>apropos: Segmentation fault
>>uh!
>
> Old bug. Menitioned in the old documentation. Incredibly hairy code.
>

>>sigh, no ^X d (aka dired mode) by default !
>
> True. I never use it. I kind of philosophically disagree with it.

  Strange, as "dired" is one of the most important pieces of emacs and
when one says "emacs" and then says "but this version doesn't have
'dired'", the emacs person will go, "What?!"  It's kInd of like having
a kitchen sink with no running water :-)