Re: [g++] Problems linking boost.system and boost.regex

On 2011-02-15 11:57Z, lampak wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to compile on windows one linux app of mine which uses a few
> boost libraries. I've got g++ and boost (1.43.0-1) installed through
> setup.exe. I use g++ through Eclipse IDE. I've managed to get the program
> compiled but I'm getting linking errors.

Last I heard, boost lost its Cygwin maintainer; and old libraries aren't
likely to work with a newer compiler. This page
  http://cygwin.com/packages/boost-devel/boost-devel-1.43.0-1
confirms that:
  "boost-devel: Obsolete package (installed binaries and support files)"
so try building boost yourself.

> (And BTW, what's the difference between libraries ending with .dll.a and .a
> alone?

'.dll.a' is a convention for naming import libraries.

> And what does -mt stand for?)

AFAICR that library-name suffix meant multithreaded.