Re: OpenSSH-5.8p1-1 Connection Problems

> As usual the logs only show what happens, but they don't show why.
>
> I installed OpenSSH-5.8p1 on Windows 7 64 bit.  I tried to connect from
> 32 and 64 bit Cygwin machines using ssh 5.8p1 and I tried it from a
> Linux machine with ssh 5.5p1.  No problems at all.  I removed the ECDSA
> host key to get the same "Can't load host key" message... still no
> problems at all.
>
> What about deleting and reinstalling sshd as a service?  Maybe that
> helps.
>
>   $ cygrunsrv -E sshd
>   $ cygrunsrv -R sshd
>   $ cd /etc
>   $ mkdir OLD-KEYS
>   $ mv ssh_host* OLD-KEYS
>   $ rmdir /var/empty
>   $ rm -f /var/log/sshd.log
>   $ ssh-host-config
>   $ mv OLD-KEYS/* .
>   $ chown cyg_server ssh_host*
>   $ cygrunsrv -S sshd
>
> Corinna

Unfortunately, that isn't really going to help with my connection problems to
Solaris systems which also work fine with 5.6. I am connecting through VPN using
Juniper Networks Network Connect. I wonder if that's what might be causing
issues for 5.8. But I guess it really shouldn't make any difference.

I will try to investigate a bit further.

Thanks.

Andrew