Re: -static not working with gcc 4.3.4

To clarify : you can't make an executable that copies the dll or library code
into the executable itself.  When the exe launches it will look for
cygwin1.dll in /usr/bin.  So it will fail to launch on a system that doesn't
have cygwin installed.

If I understand the cygwin license, this is intended as a way to help RedHat
make money from cygwin (this intent is fine by me) by forcing you to pay
them for a solution to this problem.