Re: Default state of the desktop shortcut checkbox in setup.exe

On 2/3/2011 6:26 AM, Bruce Cran wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to suggest making the default state of the desktop shortcut
checkbox in setup.exe unchecked. This would make it follow Microsoft's
desktop guidelines at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511450.aspx . I don't know
about other people but it often irritates me that I need to uncheck it
each time because I don't like application icons on the desktop.

I second this request, I have my own icon using mintty, and it's annoying to also have to have the default icon to not have to click the checkbox every time I run setup...

By the way, I LOVE mintty, it is awesome :) Thinking about doing some work on it to read .Xdefaults for the color scheme (or at least have a configurable color scheme) and an option to detect URLs like the matcher plugin in urxvt or some of the Putty variants like KiTTy/Puttytray.