Re: Where to find a reliable provider of CygwinX?

I want to terminate this discussion, originating from my concern for consistency among distribution providers.

Originally I reported on a successful installation of basic Cygwin, i.e. without X, followed by a failing attempt to install X. Of course I have been aware all the way that X did not come with the basic installation, and I have no idea of how to install X on top of it without using setup.exe by Cygwin. Still I am asked to specify how I obtained the packages for X, because they are not part of the basic installation.

I see no reason to spend more time on this, the experience of which is like being part of an absurd comedy, to say it mildly. I feel confident that I can overcome the technical issues if I use the time on them instead.

End of discussion.

Jørgen