Re: Where to find a reliable provider of CygwinX?

On 2/1/2011 3:10 PM, Jørgen Steensgaard wrote:
> Another experience that emerge from this discussion is that it seems
> very hard to be believed.  It is also very hard to document the details
> of what goes on during installation.  Please take than into account when
> you take this as a support experience, which certainly is in line with
> my intentions.

Many if not most of setup's actions are recorded in log files in the
/var/log directory of your Cygwin installation.  Take a look at the
setup.log and setup.log.full files.  Among the information provided
there are the mirror(s) and package(s) you selected.  There are also
error messages which could be relevant to this discussion.

Unfortunately, I think the files are blown away and rewritten every time
you run setup.exe.

-Jeremy