Re: PATH with spaces

Sunoki wrote:
$ printenv PATH
:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools:
$ make
cygwin warning:
   MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/local/bin/C:\Program
   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/local/bin/C:/Program
   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Can't find C:\Program on PATH.

My guess: - You have not installed Cygwin's make package - You have the Symbian toolchain in your path. It contains a tool named make.exe

Try this:
$ type make
make is hashed (/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools/make)

If you get the result above, my guess is right, so your config is wrong.
When you type make, it runs Symbian's one, not Cygwin's one.

You should install Cygwin's make package, the you should clean up your path, at least locally:
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem

--
Vincent Rivière