PATH with spaces

Hello all,

First of all, let me introduce myself... my name is Jean, but you can call
me Sunoki and I am a 26 year old computer scientist from Brazil... I'm
running Windows 7 at home and I should have installed some linux
distribution, but I have a small personal project and I wondered it would be
easier to just work on it using Cygwin... well, I might be wrong... ^_^ I
installed it yesterday with the default option including the Perl section...
and I'm having a error on the PATH and I believe because windows has spaces
on the directories names... let me explain you... my PATH is the following:

$ printenv PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/PC Connectivity
Sol
ution/:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/Syst
em32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/:/cygdrive/c/Progr
am Files (x86)/ATI Technologies/ATI.ACE/Core-Static:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files (x
86)/Microsoft SQL
Server/90/Tools/binn/:/cygdrive/c/strawberry/c/bin:/cygdrive/c
/strawberry/perl/site/bin:/cygdrive/c/strawberry/perl/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program
Fi
les (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/CSL Arm
Too
lchain/bin:/cygdrive/c/strawberry/perl/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files
(x86)/IDM C
omputer Solutions/UltraEdit/:/cygdrive/c/strawberry/perl/bin

and when I try to run the make I would like to I have the following error:

$ make
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/local/bin/C:\Program
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/local/bin/C:/Program
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Can't find C:\Program on PATH.

I believe that the "can't find error" is happening because the Cygwin does
not understand the "Program Files (x86)" as one thing... it stops after the
first space and causes the error. Am I right? How can I fix it?

I tried mounting this directory as another one without spaces, I tried to
rewrite the PATH enclosing the words with spaces in "". But so far nothing
worked.

Can you help me, please?

Many thanks,

Sunoki