Re: Tcl file separator

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:48:32PM -0600, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
>From: Nellis, Kenneth
>> I'm thinking that Cygwin Tcl's "pwd" should match Cygwin's and
>> that "file separator" should return a Linux one.
>>
>> knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
>> $ pwd
>> /cygdrive/d/cyghome/knellis
>>
>> knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
>> $ /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/tclsh84.exe
>> % pwd
>> D:/cyghome/knellis
>> % file separator
>> \
>> %
>
>I was hoping my OP would get some traction.
>It seems the basic purpose of Tcl's set of "file" commands
>is to allow one to write platform-independent scripts that
>need to manipulate pathnames. The Cygwin implementation seems
>to be broken.

Tcl is currently one part of the Cygwin installation that is pretty much
pure windows.  It is that way for the sole purpose of working with the
insight debugger.  So it takes windows paths and is not a real Cygwin
application.

I'm working on this very very slowly but I don't have an ETA for when this will
be fixed.