Re: windows paths in shebang lines

On 01/25/2011 02:05 PM, Maurice Mengel wrote:
There could a few good reasons to prefer Perl/ActiveState over Perl/cygwin,
That's one reason why I was asking Rafael - what was his good reasons. I know of a number of good reasons to favor Cygwin's Perl (and one would be not to have to deal with windows paths in the shebang lines!).
but then this would still be the wrong list.
I think promoting Cygwin, including Cygwin's Perl, is of good interest for even this list.
I hear that ActiveState has good support.
I don't know about that. The Perl community in general supports Perl very well and most of them "think Unix" and not "Windows".
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
A day without sunshine is like night.