Re: cygpath unable to translate the *nix path to an NTFS junction point

On Jan 17 14:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> ...we won't take patches which add arbitrary options to the CYGWIN
> variable which could also be solved in other ways.  In this special
> case, only the conversion from POSIX to Win32 paths is affected.
> This conversion is only supported by the cygwin_conv_path function
> and, subsequently, the cygpath utility.  Therefore, such a change
> should be restricted to this API.  I'll have a look into adding
> something along these lines.

Try the latest developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
It contains a patch which should help in most cases.  Let's assume
this scenario:

  $ pwd
  /tmp
  $ mkdir t
  $ cmd /c mklink /j t-rep t

The only case which still returns the "wrong" path is the one where you
explicitely cd into the target directory of the junction reparse point
and then try

  $ cygpath -wa .
  C:\cygwin\tmp\t

The reason is that the POSIX cwd is set to the real directory already,
so . also refers to the real directory.

Working alternative:

  bash or dash$ cygpath -wa `pwd`
  C:\cygwin\tmp\t-rep